Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Bower's Experience


My trip to the museum was very enjoyable. Going to the Bower's museum really helped me to understand about Japan. By attending the Bower's museum, I found out that a museum is not for just viewing random objects, but to observe them and learn from them. One thing I learned at the Bower's Museum is about the ancient pots. They came in all sizes, shapes, colors, and material. They were all used for different purposes, such as storing things or cooking food. The Bower's Museum taught me all sorts of things, and so I learned a lot of things. One thing I was mainly interested in was art. It was really cool, so I decided to do it for our project. For our project, we talked about how Shinto and Buddhism influenced Japanese art. For Shinto, we talked about how it influenced it by making pictures of nature, peace, and the spirits. For Buddhism, we put how Buddhism, most pictures were about Buddha, and how the color of the background reflected Buddha's mood. I think we did a pretty good job on this project. We all got together at the library, typed stuff up, did the poster board, and practiced our presentation. I think everyone did equally well. We all participated ,and we worked hard. I think the audience was pretty interested. I mean, when I was up there, I didn't see anyone fall asleep or look bored. Next time, I think we could prepare a little more stuff. Bower's Museum really helped me on this project. I learned about all kinds of art, and so that helped me a lot. I hope that in the future, Bower's Museum will help me on other Japanese projects as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home