Tuesday, March 2, 2010

REFLECTIONS of our Japanese Museum

Attending Bower's Museum allowed me to understand the museums are a place that share history dating back to hundreds of centuries ago to the public. We should value museums because they give us more knowledge on things that we are learning in history class.
One thing that I learned as I walked through Bower's Museum was that the Chinese spend months making things such as robes with detailed designs and tusks with realistic figures carved into it.
Bower's Museum inspired me to present my own exhibit on Japan by showing me that there are many things that can be taught in one short exhibit, and that you can't just present a bunch of facts, you have to make it interesting for people.
My group presented the topic of Kabuki. We talked about the history, the costumes, and the stages. We also talked about what Kabuki meant to people, and we also mentioned what different makeup colors and mask types meant. We also brought Kabuki masks with a Kabuki scarf with a scene sewn on to it.
My group's teamwork was terrific. We split up to do various tasks. We all gathered information, and typed up our portion. I was in charge of getting other sources and writing the bibliography and buying a board. Another group member was in charge of getting an idea for our 3D model, and how to get it. Another group member was in charge of gathering pictures that would help us present our topic. In the end, we all cooperated into making a board and an awesome presentation.
In my opinion, I think our audience was impressed by our presentation. Everyone seemed curious when we brought up two glass masks. The teacher seemed like she was enjoying our presentation, too.
Next time, I would try to interact with the audience more, so that they wouldn't be thinking that it is just another ordinary presentation. I would try to bring something different from every body's presentation, into our presentation.
Overall, even though we were stressing about this project, we still came up with a brilliant exhibit, and I am very proud of what my group and I pulled together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home