Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Japanese Museums: Bowers and Whitneys

The museum showed the way a museum works, by walking around and being silent. It also showed how people in the past lived. They obtained many artifacts from the 5th century. Being in there was like looking through a telescope and seeing Ancient China! Also, I learned that many Chinese made porcelain, and that's how they got the name "China" glass! It showed us how you can learn visually with nothing more than a person to explain, and I wanted to try that. The group explained about traditional Japanese houses. We built a model house, complete with a Zen Garden backyard! The house was our visual aid, whilst some students used model temples or ikebana arrangements, and some even used theirselves! The other members of my group, in my opinion, were the head of the group. I made a small garden, whereas they built a whole house! I think our presentation was well thought out, and very helpful for the subject. I would try to do a bigger model, if we had more time. All in all, the class was FUN!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home