Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Bower's Museum or Japanese Exhibit?




The visit to the Bower's Museum greatly helped us in creating the Japanese Museum that the class of 2015 made. The Bower Museum gave many description for each item in the museum. So when we organized the whole Japanese Museum, we automatically knew how to make the whole museum. Out of all the many things I learned at the Bower's Museum, the one thing that I learned was how and why they created the chess peices. The Bower's Museum inspired us by making our own museum, because it was really interesting how they have organized it. My Japanese group presented Japanese folk dance and Japanese hip hop. I talked about the Japanese folk dance, Sendai Suzume Odori, which was a folk dance created at the feast of the construction of the Sendai Castle of the Daimy, Date Masanume. Then we talked about Japanese hip hop and how it was different than the Japanese Folk dance. So we performed each dance, and it showed everyone how the dance was created. Marissa Alvardo didn't do anything during the whole project and presentation, so it was like Katy and I doing the whole project. Katy put the whole board all together, while I gave her all the descriptions and all the notes that we needed. Katy and I also created the whole speech that we need to say during the whole presentation. I think everyone was surprised about my group's posterboard because I brought in a Taiko Drum. While the presentation wasn't the same because Marissa didn't do anything during the whole presentation, so I had to dance all alone during the hip hop. Next time if there is a group project, I would not want to invite Marissa in my group, because I have just found out she is a slacker. I had really fun overall during the whole presentaion, watching other people's exhibit and presentation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home