Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Bento Box and Education





This is our project
when it wasn't fully
assembled.








The Bower's museum could help our projects because they gave us examples on how to organize our examples and how to write our captions. They didn't help us research wise because they taught us about China while our project was on Japan. I learned about how the symbols on the emporer's clothing had meaning to the ancient gods and dragons that symbolize good luck. They helped us present because as we were having the exhibit, I watched how the docents presented their information and that helped me greatly for our project. Our group did Bento and Education. I didn't understand why lunchbox was with education and schools, however, without any complaints our group did both of the topics. Pete Thiengtrong was a person that did not know what a project is. I said we should make the bento box and assemble it ourselfves. But no!!! He thought that it would take so much time that we should buy it instead. I think that a project is for making not for buying. We didn't do anything else better than the bento box, so I got really angry that he did not understand or even think about my idea. However, Cyrus on the other hand did some work and gave me a lot of tips. He glued papers we printed out on construction paper. He worked hard but during our speech, someone wasn't practicing. Guess who that someone was!!! It was Pete Thiengtrong. When I said, " OK!! Let's practice our speech." Pete wasn't taking this seriously that I got extremely angry. During Science, he even asked me to practice the speech with him. We could have practiced the speech during Social Studies and English, but why did he slack and decide to practice the speech during Science? I just didn't understand what he was thinking. We would do differently about how to make our project by having more creative ideas. I wanted to do a board with information and how to make a bento with descriptions of education. I knew now that although they promised to work hard I knew that I couldn't trust anyone that says that anymore.

This is a Japanese High school.

1 Comments:

Blogger Janice Lee said...

Your group seemed well prepared for the presentation. :D I never would've known that there were any problems in your group.
Nice job!! :]

March 2, 2010 at 7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home