Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Bower's Museum Chinese Exhibit+ Our interest In the Museum= JAPANESE MUSEUM PROJECT!!!


Dear Reader,

Attending the Bowers was really fun, and it also showed me what we should kind of expect from a museum. It showed us cool exhibits and really nice artifacts from the older times of Chinese culture. The Docent was really nice, and she answered most of my questions straightforwardly. It was super fun, going around and seeing all those artifacts from so long ago!

I learned that the Chinese was SUPER superstitious. I also learned that they used to have evil spirits that protected tombs, yet the wooden figures didn't look that scary. The Docent explained that they have a different way of looking at scary things than us now. Another exhibit I liked was a carved ivory tusk. It had really tiny details and the people in then had their own expressions and different things to do. It showed me that they had really good crafstmanship and a high standard of technology. They were the tiniest little details!

Bower's Museum inspired us to make a museum because going around, seeing the exhibits, that would be super cool if there was a smaller museum. Then now we have... the Japnese Projects! I mean, we already saw about the CHinese culture, why don't we try something else? Mr. G helped us make the Japanese Culture Museum, since we already were learning about Japan in English and in History.

Our group did a presentation on Zen Architecture. We made a little Zen House and small Rock Garden. We also had a small poster to present while talkin about it.

Our team was very hardworking, making all of the 3-D items like the house. We researched a lot of information while finding out instructions to make our 3-D items. We all put in a lot of effort to make our presentation good. Our overall collaboration was good.

The general impression of the audience was okay, but weren't that interested. I also think they looked a little bored. Until we passed around the Rock Garden. People liked our presentation, I guess, since some kept looking at our exhibit.

We would've presented more, since our presentation was only a minute and a half. I guess that was partly our fault. We didn't say a lot of information, since we kept thinking our time limit was extremely short. But we got to continue, and that's probably all that I would change.

I think we should've had time to look and read others, beause we had only a few minutes until the presentations started. It was a bit annoying, since I wanted to read more about others. Because we didn't finish a lot of people's presentations, I didn't get to learn about all the topics. So I think we could've stretched out our time looking at exhibits more. I mean, it was a mini museum!

Well I thank you so much for reading my reflection of the project. Overall it was fun, but I think there was just a few things we could've changed. But it was a great experience!

~<(") Bianca Tolentino


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home