Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Inspiration to Presenting the Jap. Museum Exhibit


Dear Reader,

The Japanese museum presentation was very interesting to watch and present. But we wouldn't be able to present like we did if it wasn't for the marvelous trip to the Bowers Museum. The Museum showed us that we needed many facts and knowledge about the artifacts, to be able to interest the audience. Not only do we need the facts but we also need to give clear information. Those are the points that led us to give a neat presentation.

As we were touring through the museum by the docents, there was one interesting artifact that caught my eye. It was the extraordinary porcelain that the Chinese made. However, parts of the world wanted to know the secret of how to make the porcelain. But the Chinese kept it a huge secret, therefore making porcelain very precious.

I was inspired to present my own exhibit with my group because of how much the Bowers Museum has offered to us. They had many interesting artifacts that the kind docents generously explained to us.


My group presented about the Japanese legends. We also gave a demonstration of how Japan was formed. We gave information about some of the monsters that the Japanese greatly feared and worshiped, such as the Kappa.


My team greatly contributed to our presentation. Each of my teammate researched on our topic. One teammate helped me decorate our poster board while the other one gathered additional information.


In my opinion, i think the audience didn't find our presentation too boring or too interesting. But i think next time, we will try to make our presentation a bit more interesting by adding more artifacts instead of just giving out information and presenting one artifact.


I think this experience has let me understand what the docents at the museum has to do to give out such good information yet making it interesting enough at the same time. This Japanese exhibit has inspired me to do more than just give out information on our project, and we'll be sure to improve more next time.


-Jennifer Poh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home