Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Bowers' Museum, learning about Japan, AND MORE! :)

The Bowers Museum exhibition of China's history and its famed Silk Road was very informative and yet enjoyable. Many artifacts surrounded my group and me as we learned about the great civilization of the past and the present as our docent taught us so many things. For instance, if there was a dragon on an article of clothing, the number of toes it had showed how respected he or she was. The maximum number of toes a dragon could have was six. Through this museum, I learned that museums are to inform people; to bring an ancient civilation to life. Museums are to be respected! When I learned that we were to present our own exhibit on an aspect of Japanese history, I was very skeptical if the exhibition could become respectable, or even remembered! Nevertheless, because of the Bowers Museum, my group tried to bring in as much information, closely related to our topic, remember and understand all of it, and bring in an "artiact" as well. Our exhibition was on Japanese education and how it differs from that of America's. We compared and contrasted different parts of the educational system and schools. Also, we contrasted the differences in each education system by comparing an academic day in the life of a student in both countries. In terms of efficiency and effort in work, my group members excelled! They obtained massive amounts of information and in a matter of short days became experts on their topics. My two partners helped in every way possible in making our exhibition try to live up to the standards of the Bowers Museum. When all our work was finally collaborated, all our hard work paid off. Although our exhibit may not have been as good as some of the other exhibitions, the audience may have been able to relate to and enjoy our exhibition being that it was abotu students and they were students. The next time I do a museum exhibition, I would try to bring in more artifacts and work even harder in making our presentation the best it can be. Efficiency in work and not procrastinating would also be something to work on. This experience truly helped me learn more about the Japanese culture that we were learning about and how the country impacts the world. Becoming the teacher and the expert helps very much in the process of learning! :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Mindy Kim said...

Wow Courtney!!! Your blog surely excels itself!!! You are good at everything and sooooooo I think I would have loved your project if I saw it...>.< Good Job!!!

March 2, 2010 at 7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home