Monday, October 5, 2009

Roman Empire and Augustus


I liked learning about the empires and its rulers. While I was reading I came across the sentence, "Rome becomes an empire under Augustus." Augustus's father is Caesar. Opponents of Caesar kills him so his adopted son Octavian becomes the ruler. Octavian took the name Augustus. I learned by just reading the history book that Augustus was a very powerful and brilliant leader. Also, the roman empire became strong because of Augustus. During his rule, he created a strong goverment. In my worksheet I learned about Pax Romana which was known as "Roman Peace". During the rule of Augustus a period of peace and prosperity began which was known as "Pax Romana". I really liked reading about Rome because it is very exciting.
-Michelle C.

1 Comments:

Blogger Melina said...

The counsel thought that Ceasar was getting to powerful and assasinated him.
-Dr Octopus
-oops i mean :DMelina

October 6, 2009 at 4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home