Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Why the Muslims???

How did the Muslim policy of ruling conquered peoples compare with that of the Byzantines and the Persians???

I personally think that the Muslim's way of ruling conquered people was better than that of the Byzantines and the Persians. When the Muslims had newly conquered people, they never forced them to convert to Islam, they only persuaded. Even though they raised taxes to non-Muslims, they never persecuted people if they didn't convert to Islam. Any other people, like the Byzantines and the Persians, would have used force and would have killed a person if the person refused to convert to the religion that they wanted them to. They also would have killed a person if they found out that they were practicing a different religion secretly. The Muslims would have done none of those things. If I were living at that time, and the city that I was lving in was conquered, I would rather it be by the Muslims. They would never have killed me, even if I was Christian and refused to convert to Islam. The Muslims would have let me be, whereas if I were being ruled by some other people who didn't like Christians, they would have killed me. The Muslims never used force which is why i think that they has a better system of ruling conquered people.


This picture shows that the Muslims would have accepted any people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home